Saturday, October 1, 2011

Two more books.  "Writer's Guide to Character Traits" by Edelstein (1999) and "Developing Minds" by Costa (1991). 
I like Edelstein because she did such a nice job documenting where all her stuff came from (pp 318-331 of references).  Costa's book looks a little old, and I think when it comes to developing minds, methods have been around for a while.  William Shakespeare, I would think, did not have his teachers reading about how to develop his mind.  Einstein was thought to be "cognitively disabled" before he was seven ("cognitively disabled" is the respectful term replacing the mean sounding terms).
I work with a disabled adolescent who can draw better than most regular education students and better than some gifted art students.  Her metaphors for undertstanding science are based on SpongeBob and CatDog.  I would like to employ her to develop video claymation.  Any takers want to help on that?

No comments:

Post a Comment