Friday, August 31, 2012

Blog.


There are now rules for blogs.

I am to entertain, to engage.

I was told once by a friend that a poetry sharing commenced. That he and his clever friend shared their witty work. Another gentlemen shared his soulful amateur work of leaving: the collection of goods, the items he took with him, and the walking through a threshold to a new place. The gentlemen sought my friend and his clever companion after the poetry sharing. The gentlemen indicated that he would like to be witty like my friend and his companion. The companion quipped, “Keep writing as you do.” My friend laughed and the companion laughed with my friend.

I know this laugh. It is ridicule.

I understand ridicule. I have meted out ridicule.

I love my friend and I love the wit of his companion. And I love the amateur.

Writing is breath. To live I will breathe and write.

Thank you for both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment