Sunday, August 14, 2011

Mary Lynn Immel

Mary Lynn Immel has completed her boards for her Licenced Practical Nursing degree. She studied and studied. Every time I came to her living room she was going over the questions in her book, on the computer. She said that "I am worried about not passing."
She was worried and she studied and studied.
She woke up in the hotel room and studied by the light of the bathroom.
She woke up and went to her testing room at 355585 in Milwaukee.
She went in early with the woman that looked like she came out of a cartoon,
She listened as thirty year old women talked about surgical terms she didn't know.
They used their jargon to impress themselves and feel good about going into their test.
I love you, Mary Lynn. You are brave and good. And the work you do is the work of the god that loves your gramma Polly.

No comments:

Post a Comment