I met a young man (36) on Bolo Road in Upper Michigan. Damian is his name. Damian's play was optioned in Salt Lake City, or some place south of Ontonagon. I told him, if the play is put on, I would like to see it. I will go to see it.
Damian said that he prefers to avoid re-writes. Well I figure, Damian must be a genius if he can get his play optioned without having had to re-write any of his play.
I re-write everything.
I am unable to post a tweet without the tweet publisher's air message reading: "Over 140 characters, be short and clever."
The good news is that the brain is stimulated in the re-writes. That the dreams come to solve problems in the story. That everything cut from the screenplay is saved and can be resurrected as needed.
I will come to see your play, Damian.
No comments:
Post a Comment