Done.
Pat on the back.
That works.
I tend to punish myself in lieu of celebrating, because that what Irish Catholics are good at.
And I did buy the book by Jeff Alan Schetcher who indicates that I can write and make a living on writing, but not by thinking that I can sell a spec screenplay. I was thinking that I could put an amalgam of screenplay structures together for a presentation for aspiring screenwriters.
In one of the online classes I took at Gotham Writer's Workshop, I would get bogged down with reading scripts that I felt inept at critiquing.
One man was writing about the man who started the Red Cross. It felt like the author was writing a memoir (typically the first screenplay a person writes is autobiographical). I don't have words for some writing that I read, I only have a visceral response. I felt uncomfortable reading his work.
Another woman wrote extensively about a mother and the small complications of running the "mother show." I told her she needed to continue to write.
Writing is a higher form of thinking. It allows the rudiments of grammar and vocabulary to parlay into the most profound of thoughts. It sure takes me for a cerebral ride!
Ha, I love the "It sure takes me for a cerebral ride!" That sentence right there just took me for a cerebral ride :)
ReplyDelete